Subject: [Leica] Canon 20D - first problems?
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sun Dec 5 15:36:11 2004

James Laird wrote:
> I take it you're using your 20D as a 'device' hooked to the
> PC via USB cable. Have you tried uploading the files to
> your hard drive  first and then accessing them with the
> EOS viewer? Could be a problem involving the PC to
> camera interface.

I concur.
IMHO, it is usually far better to upload
the images to the computer then view them
there than viewing the images and selecting
them while they are on the camera, connected
to a USB cable.  In fact, I would further recommend
that you use a card reader to transfer the images
to the computer.   While the software from the camera
manufacturers work fine most of the time, I have had
problems with every one them under odd circumstances,
sometimes resulting to loss of images.  I have used
Canon (by the far the most), Nikon, Olympus, Kodak,
Sony, software.   "Odd circumtances" could be loss
of physical contact during image transfer, lose/faulty
USB cable, spurious problem on your computer OS,
version of drivers not fully tested with your particular
version of camera manufacturers.

Cheers,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Canon 20D - first problems solved)