Subject: [Leica] Speaking of M. Johnson See: Leica M Article
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sun Dec 5 18:12:29 2004

GREG LORENZO wrote:
> see: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-dec-04.shtml

That would be Mr. Johnston.
What's in a name ?
Some on the list are bothered by people not using a "real" name.
I on the other hand try to spell proper names correctly, that is
to say, in the same manner as the bearer of the name does.

Some names are just easier to mispell than others.   I am prone
to take away one of Tom Abrahamsson's "s" 's and give Emanuel
Lowi's an extra "m".  I know a woman named Callanan, and keep
writing Callahan.  I had trouble with Nathan's last name until I start
thinking of the J as a Y.  Is that how you pronounce it Nathan,
"waysman" ?

Not to mean to pick on you though Greg.

Cheers,

- Phong