Subject: [Leica] Bad Exposure or Something Else?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sun Dec 5 17:54:38 2004

Ah yes, I recognize Memorial Drive next to the Charles River anywhere!!! I
think perhaps you are hitting several problems:
- You need to need open up your exposure. It's lopping off the highlight at
the top so your brilliant white-gold is slightly muddy yellow. I guess
bracketing will help.

- you may be hitting the dynamic range limit of the film

- the scanner may be auto-exposing it incorrectly (same problem as the
first one except at the scanner side). I ALWAYS turn off auto-exposure of
the scanner. After all, if I am trying so hard to exposure it right in the
camera, why shouldn't I then let the scanner muck it up for me?

use richard at imagecraft.com)