Subject: [Leica] RD-1 and I
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Dec 9 10:44:59 2004

Just one thought I have is that what it's looking like to me is that it is
not the hard core experienced darkroom people who are rejecting digital
technology; but people just getting into it not to overly informed and with
romantic ideas of what darkroom produced "silver Prints' are all about.

I try to take it in another context.
I think of darkroom produced "silver Prints' as a printmaking form.
As C prints done in my color rental lab. As in Cibachromes and the pretty
good direct positive processes which have come next.
As in LightJet prints you have done by a lab. But
Platinum prints you make on a sunny day in your backyard and command much
more respect in the art world then silver prints do.
Which now can be made easier now as instead of having to use an 8x10 camera
to make an 8x10 Palladium or palladium print you can do your Photoshop thing
and then just output to film at the size you want.
Then have fun in your backyard.

Then there are:

 Albumen print
? Collodion negative