Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux - "dreaded collapsible hood"
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Dec 9 17:30:21 2004

I know, I have been told so as well. I rattled a few chains last week
and, supposedly, the first one in the door will come to me. However, I
have heard that before. I believe the problem is the local Leica rep.
It is not with the dealer but the dealer is forced to go through the
area rep. I asked for hard copy from Leica NJ on the status of my lens
repair/replacement and the rep delivered it the next day. Nice to have
but I would prefer the lens.

Oh well,

John Collier