Subject: [Leica] Help! - M6TTL Frame Counter Reset Lever Jammed
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Dec 10 15:53:34 2004

You've done a good job to diagnose this one.

Do not force the lever - it is spring loaded and supposed to retract up
into the body.  Since you are on warranty, I strongly urge you to send
this back to Leica.  To fix this, you need to remove the body shell, and
the top plate.  It is not something you want to do while under warranty.

By the way, the film counter is NOT supposed to advance unless the lever
is pushed up and the bottom plate is on.  That would have been the first
sign of malfunction.

Sorry for the bad news.

regards
Vick