Subject: [Leica] Help! - M6TTL Frame Counter Reset Lever Jammed
From: wmrav at triad.rr.com (William Ravenel)
Date: Fri Dec 10 13:08:30 2004

After removing my last roll of film I found I could not replace the
base plate. Closer inspection revealed that the little lever that
resets the frame counter remains protruding below the camera bottom and
will not retract. I've tried cocking and releasing the shutter
repeatedly and setting and releasing the rewind lever but this hasn't
helped. I have pushed on the reset lever and it offers very stiff
resistance (afraid to push too hard). The shutter operates fine at all
speeds, but the frame counter does not advance (it used to, even with
no bottom on the camera).

I've searched the archives and see a lot of references to frame counter
problems, but none that mention the jammed reset lever. I cannot
replace the bottom plate and will have to send the mess back to Leica
unless someone here has a recommendation for a quick and easy home fix
(I'm still under passport warranty and don't want to attempt serious
surgery).

TIA for any help or suggestions.

Will Ravenel

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Help! - M6TTL Frame Counter Reset Lever Jammed)