Subject: [Leica] Photos, permissions and publications...
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Dec 10 20:00:08 2004

Listers,

I just got in a few minutes ago from a dinner party.  At the party the
current issue of a local, glossy, toney, magazine was circulating.  (It
contains articles of interest to the local community, and especially to
the local arts scene.  Frank Deford, for instance, has a new piece in
this issue.)  I had not glanced at my copy until tonight.

After dinner, over dessert, several of us were sitting at table, talking
about some of the articles in this issue, and lo, and behold, on the
inside back page, there was one of my photographs, a portrait I had shot
for someone else, now being used to illustrate an article.

Needless to say, this was used without my permission, nor was there
acknowledgement.

Any thoughts about how to approach this, or if I should approach it at
all?

My first thought is that I would like, at the least, for the editors to
publish an acknowledgement of me as the photographer, in the next issue.

TIA,

Ken Frazier

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Photos, permissions and publications...)