Subject: [Leica] Folding laundry
From: gwpics at lycos.co.uk (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat Dec 11 01:07:31 2004

I have not kept up with this thread as I am not in the 'PAW' set - my
camera gets used professionally so I am sometimes glad when I don't need
to go out and take pictures! I thought this quote was so very true:

as i have told y'all before, (perhaps not in so many words) when Vanity
Fair
or Harpers or Newsweek or whomever tells a photographer "I want some
exciting pictures of people folding laundry" gosh darn it, they _get_
exciting pictures of people folding laundry. because life around you at
any
given moment seems dull is no excuse for not taking an interesting and
inspiring photograph. if you're GOOD you find the photo. and if you're
NOT
good you need to get better (so go look for the photo). and if you're
NEVER
going to be good, you need to swap that leica to someone for a set of
stereo
speakers or a used volkswagon or a playstation 2 or something.

It obviously was a call to arms for you Daniel, and I love the resultant
image of Eva - I hope she does too!

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
www.gwpics.com <http://www.gwpics.com>