Subject: [Leica] Elmar 135/4 pics...
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sat Dec 11 06:38:56 2004

I do not have the ability to display pictures on line, but let me assure
you that it is a dynamite lens.  Most of all, the images are well etched
and contrasty.  The bokeh doesn't have the dream-like quality of the
75mm Summilux, but it is smooth and satisfying.  I haven't done a lot of
color work with the 135/4, so I can't really comment on its saturation,
et cetera.

Physically, it isn't huge, but it is dense.  On the street, it makes an
M series camera very "front heavy," and less than comfortable to carry
around one's neck.  In practice, it takes a great deal of experience to
frame any 135 with a Leica.  Parallax correction helps but is much less
than perfect and one learns to make intuitive adjustments, especially
shooting close in or in portraiture.

I wouldn't trade my 135/4 for any other 135.  I do not use it a great
deal, but I always find the results exceptional when I do need it.  On
the used market, it has to be one of the best deals available for any
Leica lens!

        Buzz Hausner