Subject: [Leica] RD1 first experience and questions
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Dec 11 12:58:37 2004

At 04:13 AM 12/11/2004, Frank Dernie wrote:

>This brings me to the first question. I was led to believe that the Epson
>raw convertor had compensation algorithms for the various CV lenses built
>in. I am using the photoshop plugin on a Mac and can not find this in any
>menu. There is a vignetting compensation slider but even at 100% it is
>still inadequate to correct the CV 15mm. How do I find it?

It's under the "Special" Tab

>The results from the Leica lenses are very pleasing so far. I am going to
>the wedding of a close friend's daughter today so I may do a few candids
>with the RD1 and 35 f1.4

You'd love the result.... Crank up the ASA if you need to and you have a
great available light shooter.

>My second question concerns the shutter speed display in the viewfinder.
>At first I did not realise there was such a display but eventually caught
>sight of it by accident whilst moving the camera around. My eye needs to
>be well away from the centre of the viewfinder for the led to align with
>the masks with the numbers in. If my eye is centred I can, in some lights,
>see the numbers but I have to move my eye very low and left to see which
>one has a light shining through it.
>I assume it is faulty and will have to be returned :-(

No problem here. Do you wear glasses?

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] RD1 first experience and questions)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] A few images of my Nepal trip)