Subject: [Leica] cameras as a babe magnet? "O" series ramblings
From: jeff.williams at cegetel.net (Jeff Williams)
Date: Sun Dec 12 01:07:17 2004

Nathan,
There's an interesting question? Never thought of a camera as a babe magnet,
a porsche maybe, but not a camera.
I find the most attention anyone paid me when taking photos was when I used
a Robert Rigby pinhole on a tripod.
That used to attract 80 year old men who said "I used to have one of those",
except mine had a polaroid back and
you saw your results a minute later.
The "O" series is a very discrete camera to use other than a moments
reflection for framing 2 feet from your face.
I am thinking of getting a Voigtlander 50mm finder as I bought it as a
"user" from new rather than as a collectors toy.
I must have been really dumb as I had it on back order from the local Leica
dealer ever since it was first announced
back in 2000 or something. Then of course they couldn't sell them and the
price a year later was less than half the original price.
Now they have taken their unsold production and rebaptised it as the Barnack
edition with a different finder, put in a print,
put it in a box and sell it for US$3000. Except this time I am not falling
for it!!
Regards
Jeff le kiwi

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] cameras as a babe magnet? "O" series ramblings)