Subject: [Leica] elmarit 135 BULL FIGHTING!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 12 21:16:14 2004

ted said:
> It's always tough to edit our own work, but in this case #1 is such a
> wonderful peak action right on the mark photograph it couldn't be any
> better. So it wasn't necessary to show the other two as there isn't any
> comparison.<<<<<<<<

B. D. Colen resonded::
Subject: RE: [Leica] elmarit 135

> Now this one Ted, is clearly what horse races are all about...
> I'd go for three and dump one and two - despite his having caught the
> bull in mid-air in 1.
>
> Why? Because three is far more suggestive of danger to the bull fighter,
> and also catches action... <<<<<<

Hi B.D.,
OK it's how we as "editors" look at the picture.

I see the body line of the Matador in such a graceful fashion while the bull
is captured mid-air as in the peak action. And in my defence I'm looking at
the action more than the danger involved to the Matador because he looks so
graceful and not in danger. Although maybe crazy! ;-)

I can well understand your #3 selection if it were a photograph pertaining
to a story on the dangers of being an "idiot bull fighter." ;-) And you'd
definitely be correct.

So OK, we give him a two picture spread, run both at the top of the Sports
page! ;-) You do the danger piece and I'll do the action side. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] elmarit 135 BULL FIGHTING!)