Subject: [Leica] New Yorker
From: bdcolen at MIT.EDU (B D Colen)
Date: Tue Dec 14 10:53:36 2004

Speaking of the New Yorker...There was a truly fascinating article in last
week's issue by Malcolm Gladwell, a science writer. It's about images, and
how
difficult it is to discern their true meaning. The focus of the piece is
certainly not "our kind" of photography - it's on mamography and the use of
photographs by the military for targeting and target assessment. But many of
the points apply equally well to "Leica photography." In fact, they apply so
well I am planning to have my students read the piece and then look at Bill
Clough's stunning and mysterious
"Madison."

B. D.

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: New Yorker)