Subject: [Leica] going digital
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Dec 16 23:40:46 2004

Emanuel,

The market price of 1Ds on the Miranda Canon forum seems to be around
$3800-4200, depending on how many actuations it has had and condition in
general. If you have a chance to pick one up for significantly less, and
from a trusted source, then it is indeed tempting. Based on my
experience with the lesser 20D, I am sure you will be satisfied with the
quality. However...you mention that you have a bunch of Nikon equipment;
presumably this means that you would need to invest in Canon lenses as
well. Perhaps it might make more sense to look for a Nikon DSLR so you
can use your Nikon lenses on it?

Nathan