Subject: [Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Dec 20 02:34:17 2004

SonC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/17/2004 5:36:53 PM Central Standard Time,
>
> Each to his own, but it is my conclusion after many years of doing this
> that
> the exposure on the negative is only the first step in the editing
> process.
> The second step is to throw away  losers.  Third step is to take the most
> promising frames and bring them to their potential.  It doesn't matter if
> you are
> working on Photoshop or in the darkroom, tuning a fine automobile, or
> throwing
> a vase on a turntable; the principle is the same.

I think that there is a fourth stage: reviewing the negs/scans after a
"respectable" interval (your own definition) and realising that (maybe) one
or
two of the images that you threw out the first time has merits that you had
previously missed.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open)