Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW # 6
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Mon Dec 20 18:29:26 2004

Chandos Michael Brown writes:

> I left the office early last Monday and made this on the commute home
> along the Colonial Parkway (a National Park that extends across the
> Middle Peninsula from Yorktown on the York River to Jamestown on the
> James).  I don't think of myself as a landscape kind of guy, but it's
> been damned busy with the end of the semester and all, so I was lucky to
> get anything this week.
>
> Here I look northeast across the York River at Gloucester County in the
> Upper Peninsula.  So pronounced a line of squalls is somewhat unusual
> this time of year.

I love the sky/cloud/squall patterns, and the hint of evening light on the
left, but in this digital world, the best fate for this image might be to
jazz up a sorry sky elsewhere. To complete the effect we need some focus in
the foreground, or perhaps if the sky is the focus of the image then lean
back and take away the otherwise dull H20. Another option -- again made so
easy with PS, would be to b/w the image, leaving the small horizontal streak
of colour on the left, increasing foreground contrast to give a more
dramatic pattern to it.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com