Subject: [Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Dec 20 23:30:53 2004

Douglas,

Cones picture: I share Jim McIntyre's opinion who wrote that the cones are
a ubiquitous part of the kids hockey training - so I left it in the picture
as it's a part of the information. But I wonder what you did that the face
and the helmet looks so smoother than before (pic
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/nanos_1_copy2 ) - cant be unsharp
masking alone, did you use another filter (maybe, in german "St?rungen
entfernen", dont know the photoshop term in english)?

Goalkeeper picture: The high format is probably the better solution for
this. I rarely crop large to high format (except for web). But 'gradient'
seems to harsh to me, and 'sharpening' (or both together) makes it much
grainier than it should be. I dont mind about "real" grain on low light
1600 or 3200 ASA shots, but I think it must not be artificially pushed on a
400 ASA that did not show grain.

But thanks for having a look and contributing. And thanks to Ted, Jim,
Sonny, Raimo, Richard, Phong, Peter, too.

Didier

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open)
Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots,goalkeeper revisited)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open (To Sonny))