Subject: [Leica] Almost OT- Leica MP "classic" appearing on ebay
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Tue Dec 21 06:26:02 2004

This is almost OT, as this is the Leica Users group.  I'm not sure many
of these will ever be used.

But, the Leica MP "classic" appearing on ebay, at $6500.

It has the classical Leica top-deck engraving, no meter, the classic
50f2 styled lens in black paint with new optics (like the 50-year
Summicron) but most unusual (and absurd?), the Leica M4-2/M4-P back
plate, with the "write-on" ASA/DIN button.

For $6500, I would think they could have found or re-made the classical
ASA dial of M3 to M4 era.

In my wildest fantasies, I see myself having one.  Hmmm.  Maybe not.

regards
Vick

Replies: Reply from leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy) ([Leica] Almost OT- Leica MP "classic" appearing on ebay)