Subject: [Leica] New Zeiss lenses compared against Leica
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Dec 22 11:00:45 2004

Anyone who is really addicted to the Leica brand well knows Zeiss and
the Zeiss Contax - which was Leica's head to head rival. Sorry, but I
don't think the fact that Zeiss hasn't been in an M mount will make a
damn bit of difference. I, too, would like caviar lenses at chicken
nuggets prices, but it ain't gonna happen. But I sure don't want to pay
a 1/3 premium just to say that the lens is made by Leica, instead of
Zeiss. Caviar quality at middle prices beats caviar quality at caviar
prices any day in my book.

All of this, of course, depends upon the quality equaling or topping
Leica's - and I haven't seen any of these lenses, used any of them, nor
have I personally read any of the reviews.

B. D.