Subject: [Leica] New Zeiss lenses compared against Leica
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Dec 22 11:01:19 2004

I don't find it hard to believe that it matches it, Feli. I'm sure this
is NOT your father's Planar. I owned and used the lenses for the G1 for
a while - I got rid of the outfit because the autofocus was so
attrocious on the G1 - and my feeling is that in real world use, those
lenses were every bit as good as their Leica equivalents. In fact, some
of the results I got were really stunning. Sure, there's a huge
technological difference between a 1955 planar and a the new asph 50
summilux, but I wouldn't be on this being a re-issue of a 50s lens. ;-)

B. D.