Subject: [Leica] Christmas Tree Adjustments
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Thu Dec 23 07:16:51 2004

Douglas,
Have you ever tried working with "select/color range"? It's a powerfull tool
that, when combined with "select/feather", lets you pick preferred zones,
such as your blue sky.
If you combine this with select/inverse", "lasso shift" or "lasso alt" (for
Mac), you can add or detract other parts of the image if you wish.
For this image "image/adjust/selective color" might work, too.
To change colors or to make your images darker/lighter, you can use either
"image/adjustments/curves" (on all channels or channel per channel),
"image/adjustments/hue-saturation", or "image/adjustments/color balance" (on
highlights, midtones or shadows). In editing color images,
"image/adjustments/brightness-contrast" is hardly ever used.
Never overdo this, because you could lose image information which turn out
in burned zones f.i.
I don't know how well you master PS CS, but working in layers (thus keeping
your basic image in the background layer) and with masks helps you to
control the editing steps more, as do using fill or adjustment layers (see
layer window at the bottom: a little circle in BW that is diagonally
divided). This way, you can always return to former editing stages, with
more control than via the history window.
Don't know if this is of any help...
Philippe