Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Fri Dec 24 20:02:31 2004

Frank Filippone wrote:
> Feel free to chime in now, gang......  CV Lenses with M mounts
> are preferred
> over LTM lenses with M adapters......for use on a M camera.

Frank,

I am sorry but I do not agree with you.
Speaking for myself, as I also use LTM cameras,
I prefer CV lenses with adapters, so they can serve
on both platforms.

The problem with LTM lenses is not so much the
adapter, but rather the longer minimum focus distance.
If it was not for that, I would prefer most lenses
be LTM lenses, the exceptions being only the
fast/long lenses that the shorter rangefinder base
of the existing LTM cameras cannot accommodate.
That way I can use them both on LTM and M cameras.

Why use LTM cameras you might ask ?  Because
I have them, and they are stuck with me.  And they
tend to be more compact, which I also prefer.   The
CV-led revival of LTM is quite exciting to me.

Besides, I would love to have the current 50mm
Elmarit in LTM.

Cheers,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?)