Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Dec 24 19:32:53 2004

I think it is pretty obvious that having an adapter is "silly".  It is a
piece of equipment that is not really necessary compared to machining a M
rear lens mount on the LTM lenses, or even permanently gluing one on) , it
is inconvenient, and it sticks to the bodies, and must, at times, be removed
using the equivalent of a wrench ( the back of CERTAIN Leica M mount back
caps).  Remember, these are M cameras with M mounts, not M cameras with
built in LTM adapters on front.

I realize that you represent the CV company as a distributor of theirs.  You
have done an excellent job of promoting their products.   But there remains
a practical issue of consumer friendliness.  LTM lenses with an adapter are
not consumer friendly to M users.  Useable, yes, but not friendly.

Personally, I would pay extra NOT to have to use the adapters.  I bet there
are others out there that feel the same way......

Feel free to chime in now, gang......  CV Lenses with M mounts are preferred
over LTM lenses with M adapters......for use on a M camera.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?)