Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Dec 24 23:07:19 2004

Frank Filippone writes in part:

> I think it is pretty obvious that having an adapter is "silly". It is a
> piece of equipment that is not really necessary compared to machining a M
> rear lens mount on the LTM lenses, or even permanently gluing one
> on) , it is inconvenient, and it sticks to the bodies, and must, at times,
> be removed using the equivalent of a wrench ( the back of CERTAIN Leica M
> mount back caps).  Remember, these are M cameras with M mounts, not M
> cameras
> with built in LTM adapters on front.

Hi Frank,

Gee and to think that I've been wishing that the VC 50/1.4 lens I got in the
mail yesterday was available in ....LTM instead of just M Mount.

That way I could use it interchangeably on my IIIF or IIIG as well as my M's
simply by putting on an adapter.

My last post to the Lug before heading south in the morning.

Regards,

Greg