Subject: [Leica] Holiday Presents
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sun Dec 26 07:58:31 2004

Hello Scott,

No girlfriend, so I bought myself a 50 ASPH
for Christmas. As they are rarer than hen's
teeth, I bought it in November at a decent
price while I could. I forgot to buy myself
some time to use it however! :-) Like you,
I'm swamped with work this time of year.
The lens probably cost a bit less than a
girlfriend though, although one who aids
and abets your Leica addiction is probably
priceless! :-)

After New Years I'm taking a week off to
visit my son in Virginia, so I'll mail you some
50 ASPH results when I return. I bought the
lens because it appears to have a fingerprint
similar to the 28 ASPH with similar resistance
to veiling glare. Examples posted by John
Collier and Ronald Schmidt of the German
Leica Forum seem to confirm a similar
magical quality. Save your pennies! :-)

Enjoyed reading your experiences in 2004
using these wonderful and unique little
mechanical jewels and lenses, so I wish
you even better results for 2005 and a very
Merry Christmas.

William

P.S. If Frank Dernie is reading this, the
mystery of the cockpit shot is solved. It
was a C-Type Jaguar variant. Ron also
posted a larger sample here:
<http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/11/100194.html?1103343205>

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Holiday Presents)