Subject: [Leica] Re: New Zeiss lenses compared against Leica
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Dec 26 08:51:30 2004

Close to purchase price? Let's see, I purchased my 35 1.4 ASPH - which I
have NO intention of selling ;-) - for about $2499. And I believe they
are going for about $1450 today. 58% of new? Not exactly "close to
purchase price." The same goes for the 21 ASPH these days. And if you
talk about the older lenses....Yes, Leica lenses are always re-sellable
for real money. But the reality is that the CV lenses go for apx the
same percentage of their new price. ;-)