Subject: [Leica] OT P/S digital for trip to Indonesia
From: enitka1 at comcast.net (Ernest Nitka)
Date: Sun Dec 26 16:08:01 2004

A friend is leaving for indonesia ( pending reports of death and
destruction there from Tsunami) in several weeks.  she wants a P/S
digital - need some advice from the world travelers on the list:

Lithium or NiMH or AA - I kinda thought AA would be the way to go with
not knowing how secure 110 AC would be?

she would like to enlarge shots to 8 x 10 - ? MegaPixels would that
require for 300 dpi print?  I think 4-5 MP at least?

water resistance would be nice - any on the list use such a beast -
Pentax /Olympus?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

ernie nitka

Replies: Reply from woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell) ([Leica] OT P/S digital for trip to Indonesia)