Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Mon Dec 27 10:39:50 2004

On 27 de dic de 2004, at 15:33, Julian Koplen wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm looking for advice based, preferably, on experience.

For me and my kind of photography, mostly wide angle and small
telephoto lenses:

If a bulky bag isnt a problem, I carry everything I think I might need.
If every little bit counts (like when I do alpine climbing) then I'll
get the minox 35GT-S or a Nikonos II if very harsh weather is expected.
If I want a complete yet small set, then the M6 with 35/50/90 'crons.
If medium format is needed, then a Mamiya 6 or similar, not too much
bulkier than a modern 35mm SLR.

There is no need to carry a second body if lightness is a must and
coming back home with an extensive report isnt essential. Instead I do
carry a quality P&S with some manual control (minox, contax, leica,
rollei and others will do great), this will not let you down if the
main camera fails, and the hassling during the travel is greatly
reduced.

Indeed that's just personal and it fits my needs -and tastes-
perfectly, other people will prefer different gear, for sure.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/