Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Tue Dec 28 03:47:38 2004

Mark wrote in part:

>Fur sure for pulling over the side of the road for me it's a short tele 90
>percent of the time. To get underneath the telephone wires.

Seems to me that there are two basic ways of seeing. A lot of people
are more comfortable with the wide view - they'd probably regard 35mm
as a 'normal' focal length and a 50mm as a short tele.

Others, like Mark and myself seem to regard 85/90mm as the 'natural'
way of looking at things, Great for portraits and also a very good
focal length for landscapes.

There's really no 'better' or 'best'. There's simply a lot of
variety, TG, in the way folks see the world around them.

Personally I never venture outside the door without an 85/90. With a
single camera/lens combo, the M3 with the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit is a
great lightweight outfit. If I take a second body, it'll probably
have a 35mm on board, as this is plenty wide enough for me in most
circumstances.

BTW, hope all you LUGgers had a great Christmas. My wife and I are
just about feeling human again, having achieved our objective of
selling out of flowers entirely on Christmas Eve. Now we can look
forward to seeing in the New Year, and wish a great '05 to all of you.

Best

Alex

--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019