Subject: [Leica] why wait for the DMR?
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Wed Dec 29 23:27:55 2004

I may be misinterpreting your question Eric, but a DMR will be about
half the cost of a 1DS mkII, wont it?  By my calculations a new R9 plus
a DMR will still be somewhat less than a 1DS.

Pro and cons?  Full screen sensor with the Canon vs full system
functionality with the DMR.  Worth waiting for to my mind.  I'm also
hoping there will be a full screen sensor upgrade from Leica.

I think I will be one to keep using film for what it is best for and do
see myself switching backs in the field (or using two R8s, one with the
DMR and the other with film).  The digi back will be ideal for
confirming the shots look the way I want - a bit like a polaroid back
:-)

Rick.