Subject: [Leica] Re: London challenge shoot
From: mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Thu Dec 30 03:07:47 2004

The original idea was that everyone would post what they considered to
be their best shot, no matter how good, bad or indifferent it was. If
you didn't have a good shot, tough, something was to be submitted.

Personally I found it a very difficult exercise. Being limited to a
single roll of film meant that I was more restrained when I came across
particular scenes. Whereas normally I might take half a roll of film
looking for one that was on the money, I found myself holding back and
taking two or three frames because I didn't know if something better was
going to come along. The lesson I learned was that in future under
similar circumstances I should go with my instincts and shoot away. If
that meant that I got back to the pub an hour before everyone else so be
it :-)

Steve