Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder Basics
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sat Jan 1 18:13:34 2005

On the subject of the M6TTL, I've found it to control the flash output
of the SF20 flash very well.  It's also very easy to use.  If you were
to go with a M6TTL or M7, the SF20 flash is an excellent choice.  I've
used this flash with a Noctilux wide open and the flash output is
throttled back to almost nothing, all controlled by the camera's sensor
telling the flash to "Quit with the light, OK!  I've got enough."

John is correct in advising that the TTL sensor only indicates that
either sufficient light or insufficient light has been detected (shown
on the flash and in the viewfinder), but it wont show whether too much
light was received.  This could be an issue if using flash systems that
aren't very responsive to the camera's TTL commands.  My SF20 and Metz
50 MZ-5 have been very well behaved.

Rick.