Subject: [Leica] Re: Intro
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Jan 2 03:52:02 2005

>Richard,
>       Thanks for the info. I already have a extensive collection of Nikkor
>glass. Everything from a 14mm to a 400mm 2.8 AFS.  When I want to bring
>my D2h along my wife always complains about the weight and bulk.  This
>is why I am looking into the Leica system.  Something I can bring along
>that is unobtrusive but still feel like a quality 35mm camera.  I want
>something hardy as I play hard with the kids.  That is why I am not
>looking at the d70.  I am heading off to Keeble & Schucket hopefully on
>Monday to do some comparison shopping.   I am trying to be for armed
>before I go and play.
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

Chris

I understand you perfectly as when carrying my DSLR -in my case an EOS 1Ds
with lenses from 14 to 400mm- I become really tired. But right now there is
not a perfect digital rangefinder solution. My M mount lenses - from 12 to
135mm- are anxiously awaiting the Digital Leica M but that is not exactly
for tomorrow. I use a Sony F828 and a Konica-Minolta A2 but they are
unusable at higher than 100 ASA.

I am seriously considering -up to the arrival of M digital- the Pentax Ist
DS with a 16-45 zoom. I could have in hand one in K?ln during last Photokina
and I really liked the camera. In DPreview forum users seem to be happy with
this DSLR and size and weight are really not so big. The Olympus 300 with
his stunning  7-14mm zoom- a unique piece of glass-  is another interesting
option.

Felix