Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Sun Jan 2 11:15:57 2005

>Hi friends!

>Can anyone compare and give me two cents between the differences with these
>two bodies?

>I own a MP and M6, personally I'm not enthusiastic with the Automatic
>priority of the M7, I think I prefer a MP, but sometimes an Aperture
>Prioririty System could be very useful, if we expend 500$ instead of 2500$
>on a M7.

>I've read that noise level is much more on a Bessa

>Thanks for your opinions

>Saludos desde Barcelona
>Luis Ripoll

Luis,

I have both an M7 and a R3a, I've had the M7 for several years now and it
has become my primary 35mm. I
got it because I wanted the aperture priority auto feature. I had wanted a
backup AE body but didn't want
to spend the bucks for a second M7. When I heard about the R3a I ordered it
right away, several months
before they became available. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now
and am very pleased with it, yes
it is a bit louder than the M7, what isn't, but it is not as loud as the
earlier VC Bessas. The 1:1 view finder is
great. Since you state that this is going to be a secondary camera go for
the R3a I don't think that you'll be
disappointed. If you decide that you DO like the AE then you can get an M7,
sell the MP and M6 and use
the R3a as a back up.......I did!  ;-}

Neal F

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] (no subject))