Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sun Jan 2 13:14:28 2005

>> I own a MP and M6, personally I'm not enthusiastic with the Automatic
>> priority of the M7, I think I prefer a MP, but sometimes an Aperture
>> Prioririty System could be very useful, if we expend 500$ instead of
>> 2500$
>> on a M7. -Luis

You can run the M7 just like a M6, when it's not in AE mode.

It took me a while to get used to the AE in my M7, but now I am very
comfortable
with it. When the light is constant I shoot the M7 like a regular M,
using a hand held meter. I do the same with my M6TTL, because I prefer
the results of incident over spot metering.
But when the action is fast and the light is changing quickly I switch
her over in to AE.
The AE is also terrific for taking a quick grab shot, when you're not
certain about the exposure. All you have to concentrate on is
focusing/framing/timing, the M7 takes care of the rest. With the M6,
the subject would often notice me as I fiddled with the
aperture/shutter speed dial.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com