Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Jan 2 19:45:20 2005

The people here have Leicas and other cameras. Part of the resistance
to autoexposure is having a camera that will die when the batteries
die. And part of the resistance to newer Leicas is that, with each new
model after the M3, the quality and workmanship did not keep up with
the M3 (which is sort of the ultimate although I think the MP is
probably at least as good).

I have 3 Nikons and Nikkormats from the 1970s and all three broke down
under light usage. They were the lower end (EL, EL2, etc.) but the
durability is nowhere near Leica standards.

Like comparing a Rolex to a Timex. Both work, but one works much
longer and doesn't need a battery. :-)