Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun Jan 2 23:42:09 2005

I disagree - I have a Nikon F, F2AS & F3, as well as an F100 and D70 - the
only one where battery is a major issue is the D70 as it is proprietary. The
F & F2 dont require batteries to function . Carrying a spare set of
batteries (or many) for the F3 is not an issue, and I cant imagine AA cells
for the F100 not being available anywhere in the world where you would use a
rangefinder. All the F series cameras are at least as well made as the
Leicas I have seen, take incredible abuse without anything happening to
them. A CLA once in 10-15 years is all it requires to keep in excellent
working order.  I am just starting to use rangefinders, and find it
problematic to use intutively, but it will come with time and practice. I
love using precision made cameras, and for that reason alone I can see why
buying an M6 or M7 would give pleasure over a Bessa R3A, but not on
functionality or value.
Cheers
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India