Subject: [Leica] WAS: Intro NOW: HCB.
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Tue Jan 4 07:31:35 2005

True, but he didn't spend most of his time photographing flowers and rocks,
his instinct was always to photograph the human condition, and he had a
knack for being at the right place at the right time to observe the human
condition at it's most dramatic.

-dan c.

At 09:56 AM 04-01-05 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>True enough. The other thing to keep in mind when thinking about HCB is
>that while we may be looking to capture something about the human
>condition, he was looking to capture something having to do with form,
>shape and light. Not to start the surrealist thread again, but Gdamnit,
>he was not a PJ - although he did some PJ - he was a surrealist with a
>camera.

[snip]

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] WAS: Intro NOW: HCB.)
Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] WAS: Intro NOW: HCB.)