Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 1: More from Poland
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Jan 6 21:46:24 2005

Before I begin, let me once again thank Kyle Cassidy (whom I had the
pleasure of meeting in Philadelphia in October) for coming up with the
PAW idea back in 2000 and creating the template that I am still
using--now going into my 5th year of PAWs! This effort and the feedback
received has been the biggest spur to my photographic development (pun
intended!) than any equipment I have ever bought.

The year began where 2004 ended--in Wroclaw, Poland. On New Year's Day I
went for a walk in an area near the cathedral, called Ostr?w Tumski--it
is an island on the Odra (Oder) river, containing the cathedral and a
bunch of other church properties, including a luxury hotel. But it is a
nice place to go for walks, or just to sit and chat with a friend:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_1alt1.jpg
(these two are quasi-Leica shots, being taken with the 100mm Apo Macro)

We had coffee at a grand old caf? in the center of town:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_1alt2.jpg

Outside the medieval City Hall, kitsch art vendors are chatting and
wondering why some guy is photographing them:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_1alt3.jpg

Wroclaw's main train station, dating from the 1930s, is a good place to
go for a walk when the weather is bad--it is quite big and there are
lots of interesting people and things. I saw this guy, taking a nap
standing up:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_1alt4.jpg
(I am not sure if he is homeless or just a passenger with a long wait;
so Kyle's commandment may not have been violated by taking this photo).

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands