Subject: [Leica] Agfapan 400
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Jan 7 13:21:03 2005

Marko, I don't know if we've met. I've been out of the loop a few weeks.
My name is Daniel Ridings. I didn't catch your last name.

I've some experience with the film:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2003/34.html (Rodinal)
http://www.dlridings.com/paw2003/35.html (Rodinal)

In a situation more like you speak of:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2003/37.html (Rodinal)

The new version of APX (and that is what you will have) really wants to
stay around at EI 400 and nothing else:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/49.html All at EI 800 in Xtol.

Bottom line ... Agfa APX doesn't really deserve its reputation for being a
grainy film. You can get wonderful tones out of it and it really resists
blocking up in the highlights, but the whole tonal range gets pretty
compressed when you fool around with it.

If you want grain like golf balls, go with Tmax 3200.

Daniel Ridings