Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Jan 8 09:31:47 2005

I think your final sentence sums it all up, Jeffery -

"That's my perception, and I'm sticking to it." All the reams and reams
of excrement that get posted here and elsewhere about people being able
to pick out Leica/Nikon/Canon/McDonalds slides on a light table; about
Zeiss lenses being superior to Leica lenses for shooting ItalianAmerican
subjects on cloudy days; about this bit of glass being clearly superior
to that bit of glass, ultimately come down to personal perception. And
the personal perception, I suspect, comes down to what the individual's
particular photoheros, Dads, Moms, or Grandpas used - to say nothing of
how much money the perceiver has invested in which system.

My perception is that the 35 1.4 ASPH M and 28 f2 ASPH M are the two
best lenses I have ever used, bar none. On the other hand, the Zeiss
lenses for the G1 - a crappy body - were pretty awsome. :-)