Subject: [Leica] Film scanner for Linux
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Wed Jan 12 15:09:08 2005

A variation on this question, if I may.

My father, a photographer during his service in the Military, left
behind several boxes of large and medium format negatives - mostly B&W
negatives taken with a Speed Graphic camera.  The negatives are mostly
3.25x4.25, along with some 220's.  I need a flatbed for general use,
but because I want to scan these negatives for printing and
preservation, it is important that I get a flatbed scanner that does a
good job with film.

One very desireable feature is the ability to use Vuescan/Linux with
any flatbed scanner I purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Glenn Stauffer

Replies: Reply from bparsons at jhancock.com (bparsons@jhancock.com) ([Leica] Film scanner for Linux)