Subject: [Leica] Film scanner for Linux
From: bparsons at jhancock.com (bparsons@jhancock.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 05:46:49 2005

Glenn,

Go to www.hamrick.com and check out his recommended list.

Bill Parsons
601 Congress Street, Boston, MA
617-663-2592
(cell) 617-680-2779
|+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------|
||   "Glenn Stauffer"           |                                         |
||   <alaxsxaq@gmail.com>       |   ? ? ? ? To: ? ? ? ?"Leica Users Group"|
||   Sent by:                   |   <lug@leica-users.org>                 |
||   lug-bounces+bparsons=jhanco|   ? ? ? ? cc:                           |
||   ck.com@leica-users.org     |   ? ? ? ? Subject: ? ? ? ?Re: [Leica]   |
||                              |   Film scanner for Linux                |
||   01/12/2005 06:12 PM        |                                         |
||   Please respond to "Leica   |                                         |
||   Users Group"               |                                         |
|+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------|

A variation on this question, if I may.

My father, a photographer during his service in the Military, left
behind several boxes of large and medium format negatives - mostly B&W
negatives taken with a Speed Graphic camera. ?The negatives are mostly
3.25x4.25, along with some 220's. ?I need a flatbed for general use,
but because I want to scan these negatives for printing and
preservation, it is important that I get a flatbed scanner that does a
good job with film.

One very desireable feature is the ability to use Vuescan/Linux with
any flatbed scanner I purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Glenn Stauffer