Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital R and Epson RD-1
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Thu Jan 20 04:57:28 2005

Fact is if we're using an RF film camera we don't see the pictures until
quite a
while later, instant viewing on a digi is ok but very distracting and, if
we're
honest, doesn't help much either.

I think the future of top line digital rangefinders should be in a plug-in
monitor for viewing images, make different ones so you choose your size,
resolution etc. If you want it on the camera then maybe a 2" screen to slip
into
the accessory shoe like a vertical finder, great for close-ups too, combine
it
with storage capacity (and play MP3s on it if you like). Keep all the stuff
that
doesn't really have to be a part of the camera body off it and you could
possibly keep the size of an M body more or less as it is.
Douglas