Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital R and Epson RD-1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 20 11:42:40 2005

On 1/20/05 5:00 AM, "Douglas M. Sharp" <douglas.sharp@gmx.de> typed:

> Fact is if we're using an RF film camera we don't see the pictures until
> quite
> while later, instant viewing on a digi is ok but very distracting and, if
> we're
> honest, doesn't help much either.

Well you can zoom in and then know if you hit your focus or not.
And with the image in the back and certainly the histogram you can tell your
densities and correct accordingly.

And no we see the images right then,

And no it's not a distraction we look at the feedback only when we get the
chance if it's a fact breaking situation. This is simply the way it's done.

And yes it does help a great deal otherwise everyone wouldn't do it.

How much of the boom of digital photography is due do the concept of instant
feedback I don't know but I'm always willing to go 50 percent.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/