Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital R and Epson RD-1
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jan 20 06:29:07 2005

As well-trained graphic and animation film designer I had to go the same
way from analog to digital as photographers, but only ten years earlier.
During the past 15 years I have told myself many times, how happy I am that
I had the chance to learn both ways. It was never a question of pro and
contra. The target was how to get the best out of both ways.

The analog way was teaching me to work hard on the idea and to imagine it
long time before I realize it. The digital way, with its instant WYSIWYG
control,  is teaching me to learn and work faster and more efficient. And
each way has a positive influence on the other and has made me improve my
work.

At the art school I teach interactive design, the young graphic designers
get a pen and a paper, and the young photographers get a folder or pinhole
camera at their first school days.

Photography is just my hobby, and I like to go the same way again.
Actually, I'm at "small format black&white rf shooting with a red-dotted
camera". Won't touch a digital one before at least 10'000 frames :^)

Didier

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Leica Digital R and Epson RD-1)