Subject: [Leica] The Holga girl and an intermission caused by fire
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Jan 20 09:58:09 2005

A few days ago I recounted my interaction with a young woman at
MacWorld who, on seeing my M6 said "Oh, is that a Holgo?"

Here she is:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005-01/TriX800-22-MacWorld-crp-crv-spt.jpg>

This is a pretty close crop  being about 25% of the frame, I would guess.

The second image was shot at the opening of the new Davis High School
performing arts center. Unfortunately the workers were a bit tardy
with their painting and when the stage lights were turned on the fumes
from the heated paint tripped the smoke detectors. We all trouped
outside where the Superintendent of the school district told us the
fire was "only this big." <grin) It was a cold, foggy evening,
illuminated from lights on the parking lot and on the adjacent park. I
was stuck with shooting at 800. I DID shoot from the dark side!

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005-01/TX800-32-DHS-adj-crv-shrp-spt.jpg>

Leica M6, 35mm Sumicron wide open, I'm sure, Tri-X at 800.

Comments welcome.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] The Holga girl and an intermission caused by fire)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] The Holga girl and an intermission caused by fire)