Subject: [Leica] Another Day, another PESO
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Jan 22 11:59:16 2005

Daniel Ridings wrote:
> I'm assuming you do it in a layer. How do you set the opacity etc on that
> layer to mix in just the snow and the shadows with other layers?

Hi Daniel,

That was just a quick and dirty job, and I dodn't use layers.
I made a multiple selection by using
the lasso tool (holding down the shift key
add another area), feather about 5 to 10 pixels
for small web images, then apply a curve
(reducing the blue channel in the shadow area).
It helps a lot while apllying the curve (and before)
to have the info window displayed to see where in
the image the blue is too high and how much will
be reduced by the curve.  This analytical data complements
well with the instant visual preview.

If you have any questions just shoot.

Cheers,

- Phong