Subject: [Leica] OT: Palpal scam
From: jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner)
Date: Mon Jan 24 13:42:24 2005

When I'm behind a firewall and am bored, I'll usually fill in the
blocks on those phish sites with "YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL" entries, or
worse, depending on how aggrivated. I placed a bid on a new Nikon S3
(and to lose, it was a silly-low bid, I was just playing around) and
got dozens of requests for my account from all sorts of places I didn't
even have accounts. Then the offers from Russia, and several other
easter European countries suggesting I send THEM what I bid Western
Union ASAP, and I'll have a camera from them pronto.

If it sounds too good to be true, or if it sounds too strange,
investigate.

JD
On Jan 24, 2005, at 4:04 PM, Lew Schwartz wrote:

> Dan:
> Actually, you would not have been logging into your account. You would
> have
> been filling out a cgi form located on a server run by Thilo Traeff, a
> teenager located (I think) in the Czech republic.
> -Lew

Jeff Sumner
3677 Glencairn
Shaker Heights, Ohio